OverviewIn St. Louis, it is very common to see black streaks on roofs. These are not just black stains on your roof. They are algae called Gloeocapsa Magma, and they are feasting on the limestone filler that most asphalt shingles are built on. Black streaks on your roof are a sign that algae and lichen have moved in and are silently enjoying a buffet meal every day right above your head! North facing roofs in St. Louis are particularly at risk because they hold moisture and do not get enough direct sunlight to dry out quickly. That makes roof cleaning in St. Louis a high priority.
Black Streaks on Your Roof Cause DecayAs the algae on the roof eats the limestone, it begins to break down your roof causing shingle decay, loss of reflective power and roof stains. Without roof cleaning, this algae will continue to eat your roof, shortening the life of your roof by up to 30%.
Why Choose UsWe clean roofs to the Asphalt Roof Manufacturers Association (ARMA) standard. ARMA discourages using power washers to clean a roof because of the damage they cause to shingles and siding. (High pressure washers can produce up to 3500 PSI or more.) Instead , our low pressure cleaning system gently sprays your roof at no more than 90 PSI, just a little bit more than a garden hose. For most roofs, we are able to remove the black streaks from your roof from the ground or ladder, keeping your home and our employees safe. Our proprietary roof cleaning solution is biodegradable and will not damage your plants or animals. We make sure your plants are safe by covering and watering them while we treat your roof to prevent any possible damage. Once your vegetation is covered, we will treat your roof with our solution and then gently rinse your roof removing all algae and lichen. After our low pressure wash treatment, your house will be the envy of the neighborhood! Gone for Years Our proprietary cleaning solution will stop algae growth the day we clean it and prevent it from coming back for years, leaving your roof looking brand new.
Benefits of Shingle Cleaning
- Save Thousands by Cleaning Instead of Replacing New roofs cost $3,500 to $10,000 or more. Roof cleaning begins at just 1/10th of the cost at $350 (depending on size of the home).
- Lower your Heating Bill The lichen, moss, and algae on your roof is retaining heat and reduces the reflective properties on your roof. This causes your roof to trap in heat, slowly heating up your insulation and duct work, causing your AC to work harder.
- Stay Insured Insurance Companies can cancel policies due to dirty roofs. By doing preventative maintenance, this can be avoided.
- Increase Your Curb Appeal A clean roof a give you bragging rights! For some, that’s priceless!
- Sell Your House Faster Curb appeal is what draws your buyers in. When it’s time for you to sell your home, a clean exterior demonstrates that your entire house has been well-maintained and cared for and makes it more attractive to buyers.